Chapter 6. Night conversation.
At night, Shadow was tossing and turning on the couch, trying to fall asleep, but he couldn't do it. He thought about what had happened today, and what is he going to do now.
"Why is this supposed to happen? Why she crept into our lives again? Why she can't just leave us alone?"
After lying in bed for about an hour and not falling asleep, Shadow decided to go to the kitchen.
Sonic is also was unable to sleep during that hour. In his mind flashed a glimpse of all some strange memories, and the sense of guilt was gnawing him that he 'send away' Shadow. And not falling asleep for an hour, Sonic decided to drink sleeping pills to fall asleep. He suggested that it may be in the kitchen and went there.
Arriving at his destination, Sonic looked for pills in various lockers. But, when he just started to look, suddenly lights turned on, and Shadow went to the kitchen. Sonic even dropped something by surprise.
- Sonic? - Shadow asked in wonder. - What are you doing here?
- I couldn't sleep, - Sonic sighed. - I decided to drink sleeping pills to fall asleep, and looked for it here.
- You could ask me...
- I didn't want to wake you, - replied Sonic quickly.
- To be honest, - told him Shadow, - I also couldn't sleep. How can I sleep peacefully after what happened? Still yesterday, everything was fine, we celebrated the birthday of our children, and for now... Maria was kidnapped, Sonic is scared, and you don't remember anything... - recounted Shadow sadly, sitting at the table. And the worst of all of this, - Shadow buried his face in his hands, - I don't know what to do now...
Sonic's heart sank suddenly, staring at Shadow, who was sitting in front of him in this state... It suddenly seemed very familiar... Didn't quite knowing what he was doing, Sonic sat down next to Shadow and took his hand. Shadow looked at him puzzled.
- Hey, Shadow. Maybe I lost my memory, but somehow I think we got out of situations even more complicated. Is this time we won't be able to get through it?
Looking into Sonic's eyes, full of hope, Shadow suddenly found some confidence.
- Yes, you're right, - he said. - We'll think of something. Now let's go to bed.
- Yes, Sonic?
Sonic lowered his gaze and replied shyly:
- You can go back to the bedroom, if you would like...
- Yeah... I mean, I feel a stab of guilt for the fact that I send away you... I think it's wrong...
- You didn't send away me, silly... I went for myself.
- Sonic. This is not your fault. Please, go to the bedroom, and I'll stay in the living room. It will be better.
- Well, as you say, Shadow...
And they went to bed on their places again.
On his way, Sonic whispered barely audible:
- And still I won't be able to sleep...
NO ITS YOUR FAULT WAAAA ALL URS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh sorry its realy good
even tho amy is my second favorite character.... shes getting on my nerves in this story-.-
Awwwwwwww XD i love it XD